Monday, April 4, 2011

Passion 2011

If you haven't ever been to Passion, I would so go next year. It's life changing. I'm not sure I can even describe what happened in my heart this weekend. Quite a few amazing speakers were there: Francis Chan, Louie Giglio, and one of my favorites, John Piper. The worship leaders were phenomenal as well: Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, and Christy Nockels. I learned so much I truly don't think I've even processed it all yet. I am praying that God will not let me forget. Our main focus was on Philippians 1 & 2.

One of the things that got me the most was a video that they showed of an unreached African people group. I still want to weep when I think about it. It wasn't the poverty or struggles that got me. It was the fact that these people will never know of God unless someone decides to do something.

They will never have the hope of knowing one day they will be whole and healed. They don't know what their life purpose is. They will never know unconditional love. I can't imagine living life without my Hope, Joy, Peace, Love and so much more.

Then I learned that over two BILLION people in this world are unreached. Can you imagine waking up every morning with no hope? No everlasting peace?

We live in a part of the world where there's a church rich and readily available. Anytime I want I can go to church and learn of the One who created the havens and the earth. WHY are we not sending like we ought to?

So today I am crying for a reason. I'm not crying because I got my feelings hurt or because I feel badly. I am crying because I want the rest of the world to have my hope. I want the American church to wake up and use her resources. I desperately want a change.

For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

Only let your conduct be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of your affairs, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel, and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God.
Philippians 1:21, 27-28

I hope and pray that I live my life worthy of the gospel of Christ. As Piper said, you only live for like two seconds and then you die. I don't want to waste my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment