Friday, March 4, 2011

Bad Day Blues

Have you ever had a day where (almost) everything goes wrong? You say the wrong things, make the wrong choice, and feel crummy for the whole day. On days like those I just want to crawl back into bed and wait until the sun goes down and comes up again. Today was one of those days. A lot went wrong. I was late to work and forgot my lunch. I accidentally gave my students a paper with an inappropriate phrase in it because I forgot to white it out. I'm still behind on lesson plans. I staid home from my brother's scout meeting to go out with friends and they had to cancel. In the morning I tried smiling to myself and saying it was going to be a great day, but my mind was set. So I decided all day to eat poorly. I deserved it after all. High fat? Bring it. High sugar? Hand it over. I can't even tell you how much I ate. I watched hours of t.v. I surfed the internet until my eyes hurt.

Let me tell you how this day could have gone. Last night I could have decided what I was going to wear today and packed my lunch. I could have chosen to not sit down and watch t.v. with my brother and I would have gone to bed early. Then I would have set my alarm for my normal wake up time. I wouldn't have gotten in an argument with a family member because I would have already been at work and completely unstressed. I could have called my friend earlier to confirm plans and then I would have gone to my brother's scout meeting. When I did get stressed I could have exercised. Get the picture?

Now I am getting read for bed. Tomorrow, I am going to do what I need to do. Thank goodness the Bible says:

Lamentations 3:22-23

22 Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.

Here's to a better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment