Saturday, March 12, 2011

Eating While Traveling

Traveling is one of my favorite hobbies. I love going almost anywhere. I find it interesting and to see other parts of the US or other countries. Seeing how other people live and the fun places their hometowns offer is exciting. With spring break going on right now, I thought I might share some of my past experiences regarding eating while traveling. Like I've said in the past, my family eats pretty healthy. As a result, when I go on a trip I tend to get sick. I can't stand eating out meal after meal. I have numerous memories of trips where all I did was spend time "losing my lunch." Fortunately we've learned with time how to deal with this. We don't eat out as much. You see now when we travel we pack a cooler full of food for lunch. This way we eat more in line with how we typically eat. We also rent a cabin, loft, or suite in the city we're staying in. This way we are able to cook what we want to eat. Sure, we still go out to eat occasionally but most of the time we're eating in. This is the main way we keep the salt, fat, and expenses down while keeping the veggies and fiber up. Next time you go on a trip try finding a place with a kitchen. I bet your body won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment