Monday, March 7, 2011

Hamburger Macaroni

This recipe is something I made up off the top of my head a few days ago when I was at a loss for what to make for dinner. At first I was afraid it would be too much like a boxed dinner, but the whole family ended up loving it, even the pickiest eater out of the bunch.

1 lb ground beef
1 onion
2 tbs butter
1 can diced tomatoes, sodium reduced
2 tbs red wine
2 boxes Mac N Cheese (21oz total)


Cook the ground beef, drain and set aside.
Dice the onion and saute in the melted butter.
Add the red wine. Cook for five minutes on medium-low heat.
Drain the tomatoes. Add to the onions.
Cook the mac and cheese according to package directions.
Add the cooked mac and cheese to the other mixture.
Finally, put the ground beef back in with the mixture. Heat until warm.

It's as easy as that!

I used Annie's Organic Wheat Mac and Cheese because it has real cheese. I served it with fresh broccoli from the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment